5 Social Media Campaign Essentials
Today’s communications landscape calls for an omnichannel media strategy and a social media campaign is often a component of this strategy. A successful social media campaign is more than publishing content on Twitter and Instagram. It requires a detailed strategy and clear goals that align with business objectives.
To achieve social media campaign goals, you should consider the following five main components of a communications campaign:
- Who is the target audience?
- What key points are important? What information will move the audience to action?
- Channel. What are the appropriate social media platforms for the audience?
- Develop original, branded content to establish thought leadership, visibility, and impact (social media content, blog posts, photos, videos). Curated content: Share relevant, informative content from external sources to showcase industry authority.
- Performance. Continuously monitor campaign performance with data analytics. Use dashboards to manage content and analytics for real-time adjustments.
In addition to these five facets of a communications campaign, conducting market research and using the appropriate social media tools can help you enhance productivity and effectiveness.
Be thoughtful and strategic—avoid falling into the trap of trying to reach everyone with multiple messages, using numerous social media platforms.
This article was written by Dr. Selena A. Ramkeesoon. Selena is a communications strategist in the Washington, DC metro area. Ⓒ 2019, Selena A. Ramkeesoon. All Rights Reserved.